Friday, February 5, 2010

Binky Free!

Last Friday, Charlotte woke up with a bad rash around her mouth from sucking her binky so hard. I decided that was it, the binky had to go. That night, I bought some Oreo cookies and had her throw her binkies in the garbage can in return for the Oreos. A couple nights of whimpers and not so good naps, and we are BINKY FREE! Having her throw them away herself was the key, she never asked for it after that, just whined a little. I can't believe how easily she gave that up.
Sometimes I miss that innocent baby face with a binky, but I will get over it!

2 comments:

Tiff Rudd said...

Thanks for giving me hope! :) Cameron never even used a binky - he was a thumb sucker and it took me until he was over 3 to get him to stop that! Anyway, Brooklyn loves hers and I am scared to try to take it away! It will probably be harder on me than it will on her! I think I'll try your trick! :)

Emily said...

Hey Sal, thanks for the congrats. We're totally up for visitors whenever. I'd love to see you!